Saturday, December 27, 2008

Seriously...

"Why so serious?" - The Joker


I am rarely serious. Sometimes it’s necessary to try…I guess…but I try to limit those periods to now and thenly. My father once asked me “When are you going to take life seriously?” Who knows…and who wants to. No question mark….that was a statement? Ok…there ya go.

One of my motorcycle wrecks brought the pavement up from the flat surface where it was supposed to remain and applied it to my face. I remember not remembering. I was a bloody mess…but was in a good mood, actually, for someone who didn’t know who they were. The cop that showed up, and trensemently called the amblance...add a u if you want, was wiping my face off and talking to me in gibberish. I don’t know why they would hire an officer that spoke Klingon….but my concussionated mind told me that that’s what is was. I spoke back to him in Klingon…but he couldn’t understand me because I was speakin’ Bronx Klingon - a different dialect. It was very confusing…and fortunately the amblance siren – add a u if you want - drowndeded out the Kling-versation.

I do remember being in the back of the amblance – add a u if you want – and having the doctor/guy with the drugs talking to the other medic-guy as he was writing on his pad.

“Minor abrasions.” He consueloed.

“Can ya call ‘em scratches?” I asked. “Sounds better.”

“Minor contusions.” He stribated.

“Can ya call ‘em bruises?” I constipated “Sounds better.”

“One deep laceration….ew!” He continued.

“Can ya call it a cut?” I pontiered. “Sounds bette…hey!..whatya mean ew?! How bad is it!?”

Sometimes life throws stuff at ya that makes ya say ‘poor me.’ Get over it.

I guess there are some things that happen to all of us that should be taken seriously. Addictions aren’t funny…unless it’s addiction to comedy. Tragedy isn’t funny…unless it happens to someone else…then point and laugh. Kidding!...ok, I’m not. Depression is depressing…and although not contagious medically…is contagious by association. If you’re hanging around someone whose conversation always spirals downward…get ‘em a bus ticket to Whereyaain’tville.com.

Goin’ back to the motorcycle wreck…I went to the hospital...they stitched me up…I went home…got back on my bike and over the years got into a few more wrecks. Just broken bones..and broken pride.

Nothing too serious.

--g


Fun fact of the day: A little known fact that only Star Wars fans know is that Captain Kirk is actually Luke Skywalker's Grandfather. It's true...look it up.

2 comments:

Jill said...

The Curious Case of Grant Collard. You're one of a kind for sure. That's good. I think.

Cory F said...

I'm not entirely sure what I would do if there were more than one of him.. probbly contemplate jumping off the nearest bridge.. lol