Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Newest Year....!

Happy New Year…!

Big deal, right? Ok, since we’re on the subject, my New Year’s Revolution is to get people to see things my way. Ok? So every sentence will have to end that way…for the rest of the year. Everybody in agreeance with me? Ok…enough of that, all in favor say ‘aye’.

Why is it Happy New Year, Happy Hannnnukah, Happy Birthday, Happy Halloween, Happy Valentine’s Day, Happy Fourth of July, Happy Gilmore…Happy Boxing Day (for you Canadians, eh) but it’s Merry Christmas…? Just checkin’.

So this is the time of year where a large group of people make New Year’s Restitutions…and being that it’s a large group of people, it’s usually to lose weight. Only a small portion of that large group eats smaller portions to make them a smaller member of the large group. Also it’s a much smaller percentage of people that actually follow through with their New Year’s Repititions…so the larger group usually ends up getting larger still. I have no idea what I just typed.

Even though weight loss is the number one New Year’s Repstication…there are some others to be considered. Getting more organized. Stopping smoking. Exercising more.

I’ve already got the third one there handled. I removed a demon from one of my Steves earlier today. So the exorcising part is handled. As the demon was coming out of Steve’s body, he commenced to flopping around on the ground and knocked over a candle - and then caught himself on fire. So I guess it’s Steve’s New Year’s Repudiation to stop smoking…as it were/was.

Some people vow to drink less…but they’re usually drunk when they make that vow. Many folks vow to go to church more. They usually tell you this on Sunday morning during a football game. One guy told me he vowed to drink less coffee. That was me…I talk to myself, but rarely listen. These are all called Re-vow-lutions…and never happen.

Actually my New Year's Resolvition is to write better, clearer, concisier and more funny and life-fulfilling blogs. Not a good start. I apologize. Maybe in 2010. Agreed?

---g



Fun Fact of the Day: 87% of all statistics are incorrect. The other 16% are correct. I double checked the math myself. - It’s true, Look it up.

2 comments:

Curt said...

So, if I'm to read through the babbling here... I'm hearing that you saying you 'need to drink less coffee' was something I can ignore? When I get to work today, your SF Giants cup is going to be on it's 4th refill (or more) like normal?

You all need to see this guy... It's kinda funny, everybody around us at work represents a character from THE OFFICE or the DILBERT comic. Grant... is Wally from Dilbert. You'll hear "4 o'clock? Let's celebrate with a cup o' mud!"

I got your back either way, G-dawg... if you need someone to yell at you was you go for another cup, I can do that... Or, I can wish you well as you fill your bladder to it's bursting point.

C

Jill said...

Bah! I say Hooray for bursting bladders! Keep drinkin' but be careful with those flaming Steves!